Charlotte, Sparta & Asheville

At the end of June, I planned a long weekend trip to NC to see some friends and their babies! My first stop was to Charlotte. I met up with Carrie, and we went to visit our friend Nina and her brand new baby Will! I was dying to meet this little one and see Nina as a mommy. She's a natural! 
 Look how sweet he is. I just love him.
Look how cute he is in his Charlotte onesie! This is one of my favorites.

Our friend Sara joined us for a mini App state reunion. Sara and I were roommates in college, and I hadn't seen her in a very long time. It was so wonderful to catch up on life!
I spent the night in Charlotte with Carrie and Andrew, and then on Saturday morning, we drove to Sparta to visit Michelle and Reagan. I hadn't seen Reagan since October when she was five months. She just turned one! It had been way too long. In the seven hours we were at her house, I managed to take over 100 pictures. Reagan is just too cute.
 First stop: the chicken coop! Michelle originally named her chickens after the HL girls (Michelle, Carrie, Ginna, Lucy, Becca, and Allison), but then when one died she changed them to the names of the women in Steel Magnolias. Of course, Shelby died. She sent us home with fresh farm eggs!
 I got some Reagan snuggles and some adorable smiles.
Reagan and Aunt Carrie
I also got to meet the newest addition to their family, Bojangles. He is clearly a farm dog. I tried to get him to come sit in my lap, and he didn't know what to do! He loved me though. And like most dogs I meet, I wanted to take him home too.
 After nap time, we had fun in the pool!
Then it was time for a wardrobe change. She tried on a couple of the onesies I made for her!  
 
 And finally a group shot of all four! Reagan fits in perfectly. I love her so much!
And then it was time to say goodbye. Carrie and I parted ways, as she headed back to Charlotte and I headed to Asheville for the night. It's always so relaxing to get away from the city and enjoy a day in the country at Michelle's house. 
 It was a beautiful drive through the mountains.
I stayed the night with Ashley, and we had so much fun! I love that she lives in Asheville now. Look how cute her apartment building is. It's in the cutest part of town, and downtown is within walking distance.

We went  to Bouchon's  downtown for GF crepes! I wish I had taken photos.. they were amazing! And they are all gluten free! Then we went to The Chocolate Lounge, another Asheville gem where we enjoyed a truffle and split lavender creme brule. Delish!

Sunday morning, we woke up and went for a run in her neighborhood. It was the best run I've had all summer because it was nice and cool outside! Gotta love the mountain air. Then we went to brunch at Tupelo Honey. I was shocked at how many GF options they had on their menu. I'm dying to go back again for lunch or dinner sometime.
And then I drove back home. It was great to be able to see so many friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment