gray & yellow bridal shower

Yesterday, Ginna and I hosted a bridal shower for our friend Emily! I love planning and decorating for showers. Making things look perfect and pretty makes me so happy. I can't wait until I have a house with enough space to host showers and parties in my own space. Dorothy's house is the perfect place for showers. We have had quite a few... I have sketched out her house multiple times, planning for the placement of decorations. She is gracious enough to let us completely take over- hanging things everywhere, and cooking in her beautiful newly renovated kitchen! We decided to go with a gray and yellow theme for Emily's shower, and I think it was a success. 

My mom and I made this pom pom wreath together. It definitely went a lot quicker with two people working on it! 
When Natalie came to visit this summer, I made this burlap banner. I ended up having to sew around the edges to keep it from fraying. I painted the letters free hand- next time, I will buy stencils! I love the way the crepe paper dots add a little bit of color without taking away from the simplicity of the banner. 

All of this natural light makes for the perfect party room! 

This gift banner is made from card stock, felt letters, and twine. The best thing was I had all of the materials on hand. 
I sewed this table runner from fabric I had left over from the duvet cover in our guest room. It added the gray touch to the yellow from the lemons and lemonade. 

I'm obsessed with striped straws. You will see them at any party/shower I'm involved with if at all possible. :)

Fabric strip banners are cute, but take a lot of time. Ginna made this banner out of scrap pieces of fabric I had saved from previous projects. 

Of course we had cupcakes! This was the first time I had used my cupcake tower. These served as the centerpiece of our table! 
Rainbow fruit skewers added lots of color to the table.
The shower was at 11am, so we served brunch food. Our menu consisted of quiche lorraine, spinich feta quiche, mini frittatas, hash browns, cinnamon mini muffins, sausage balls, and of course, cupcakes. 

the bride!!


The shower was a success, and we can't wait for the wedding which is only a few months away! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Everything looked beautiful and delicious! Can I have a shower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are amazing. You have taken showers to a new level! It was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete