progress

We painted the walls, rearranged the furniture, and put down a new rug... I ordered fabric for a duvet cover and pillows, and have been quite busy sewing! I moved the sewing machine into the guest room, which I love. It's my little oasis of calming grays, and I can close the door, and the mess is gone!


Sewing a twin duvet cover would be a piece of cake. But since this is a queen bed, I had to add extra fabric to each side to make it even. It took me several tries to line the fabric up so that I the dotted pattern looked relatively seamless. It's not perfect, but it's as good as I can do! 


My sewing companion resting on top of a sheet on the bed. I had just told Brian that I didn't want him on this bed because of the white bedding.. But he looked so pathetic standing close to the bed, resting his head on it... He let out a big sigh... So I grabbed an old sheet and let him snuggle on top of the fluffiness. :) 


It's going to be a sewing weekend for me! I also need to squeeze in a 5 and 9 mile run on Saturday and Sunday... Five more weeks till the half marathon!!

2 comments:

  1. I am dying to see how this turnes out!!! P.S. Where did you get that fab mirror???

    ReplyDelete