new car

Two weeks ago when Ginna was visiting, we were told by the mechanic that Brian's old '94 Jeep Grand Cherokee was broken and not worth fixing... We needed a new car. Sad. So we began the searching process that dragged out two weeks! We explored lots of options, but none of them seemed to work out. On Monday night after work we were driving over to the Honda dealership when this happened...


We got rear ended at a busy intersection. It doesn't look as bad as it seemed when it happened, but it was just enough to shake me up a bit.. We were both fine minus some sore necks, but it could have been a lot worse. We headed back to Honda the next day and found a 2006 Element, which is what Brian had really been wanting. I thought they were ugly, but it really was a good car, so I considered it.. Also Brian could fit comfortably behind the wheel!

After a couple days of negotiation with Paul who we sort of liked, his boss Rodney who we hated, and Ramon who was so nervous he stuttered, we drove home with this: 


I'm so thankful it's over! We feel good about our decision, and are looking forward to hopefully not buying another car for at least another 5-10 years... Toby approves! :) 



Now we are enjoying our Saturday resting at home, not car shopping at all! Hooray!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm glad car shopping is over. :) We looked at Elements too last year- I always thought they were ugly too until I realized how practical they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great "family" car. Our big men like a bigger car, I think it's cute and Toby sure looks happy. Sorry about your car, hopefully "their" insurance will cover the damages. So glad no one was hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another Honda in the family! I like it!

    ReplyDelete