a long weekend in IL

This past weekend Brian and I headed up to IL for his best friend Mike and Jada's wedding! We decided to make a long weekend of it, and it was such a fun trip. I feel completely rejuvenated after being away! 

While Brian did wedding stuff with Mike, I got to hang out with my dear friend Nina who lives in Bloomington now! We had a lovely lunch in downtown Normal and then headed to downtown Bloomington for the best pumpkin spice latte I've ever had. I'm still dreaming about it! It was so much fun to catch up on life and spend some time together.. Love this picture of Nina representing her town. So cute! :) 


On Saturday evening, I drove to Flannagan, IL and met up with Brian for the rehearsal dinner. It was the most beautiful drive. I haven't ever really been in this part of the country!


Here they are! The Feys! It was such a sweet wedding. The perfect day to get married.. crisp fall weather, colorful leaves.. doesn't get much better. We are so glad we could be a part of it! 



On Sunday morning we headed up to Chicago for day. We were able to stay on Michigan Avenue right in the middle of the city! We went on a food tour which was the perfect way to taste our way through the city. We walked through Millennium Park, saw "The Bean", walked through Grant Park, sat at Lake Michigan, down Michigan Avenue, and ate dinner at the Purple Pig. So fun! 


At sunset we headed up to the 96th floor of the Hancock building. This was such a gorgeous view. We scoped out a seat at the window and enjoyed cocktails overlooking the city. A definite must if you're in Chicago! 


1 comment:

  1. This post made me smile. I had so much fun with you last weekend. No place better than Bloomington to eat, work and play! Ha!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete