one year ago today...

We came home with THIS little guy!



Brian and I had been dying to get a dog ever since we got married. We spent countless hours on petfinder searching for the perfect pup to adopt. We would go to Piedmont Park and hang outside of the dog park, envious of all the dog owners. After 10 months of marriage, we couldn't take it any more. It was time. We woke up early on Saturday morning and headed to two different shelters before finding the one. We had found Toby's ad on petfinder, but there was a chance he wouldn't be at the pet adoption, so we almost didn't go.. But we did. And it was love at first sight. He snuggled up between my feet and fell asleep as I was filling out the adoption application. We couldn't stop smiling. People stopped us on the sidewalk asking if we were "first time parents." It was obvious that we were smitten!

This is what we texted friends and family.. We didn't tell anyone before we got him. Thanks Carrie, for still having this text saved one year later. I knew I could count on you!



This was his add on petfinder:

"I am one of five boys and 2 girls who were left in a box at Henry County Animal Control. I am around 8 weeks old. I really like to play with balls and am also very snuggly. I have beautiful black and white markings, and a white tip on my tail. I am microchipped too."



Toby's first night in his new home



I realize this sounds like a "birth story." But we don't have kids. Toby is our practice kid and we love him more than anything else. He is still snuggly and is playing with a ball right now. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love it! What a sweet story and what a sweet dog- well most of the time! I so understand your love for Toby!

    ReplyDelete